ListManager mailings may be blocked by major domains (comcast.net, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com, etc.) and the recipients of the problem domain appear as permanent failures.
Review the rejection messages in the mailings that have recipients listed under "Permanent failures":
- Navigate to "Mailings : Mailing Status : Mail Queues : Outgoing"
- Choose the problematic mailing from the list by clicking the mailing ID link
- Choose the recipients tab
By clicking the "View All Rejection Messages" button you can see the specific errors.
Example of a spam block:
Wed, 1 Jan 2000 12:00:00 Sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
<-- DNS info available for: comcast.net
--> Attempting to connect to: comcast.net (22.214.171.124 25)
<-- Connected to: comcast.net (126.96.36.199 25)
<-- 554 IMTA27.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 188.8.131.52 Comcast BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628
To clear the deliverability issues, there is a two-step process:
- Contact each blocking domain and request removal from their block list:
- Some providers will give you a URL in the bounce message that will tell you where to go to request removal from the block list.
- For other providers, search the web to find the Remove from Block List (RBL) page for the provider.
- Once you have confirmation from the provider that your IP address has been removed from their block list, you can remove the domains from ListManager's MailStream Block List.
The mailstream block functionality is useful for holding off sending to domains that are known to be blocking. Once that block is removed for the domain, sending can be resumed by releasing the mailstream block:
- Navigate to "Reports : Deliverability Dashboard"
- In the "Top Domain Status" section of the report, click the "view blocks" link.
- To release an individual block click the "Release" link for the block.
- To release all blocks for the mailstream click the "Release All" button.
If you need help, contact Lyris support providing the server URL and login access, along with the list name and mailingID which is experiencing this issue.